Hi,
I'm hesitant to re-tag or re-release 5.5.13, but I have no problem
cutting a 5.5.14 as soon as tomorrow if you so desire.  But before I
do either, let me try to make sure I understand the issue.

The tomcat.nsi and/or build.xml files have a hard-coded version number
for the API we want, and this version number is now out of date?  What
are the consequences of using 5.5.13 with the APR connector right now?

If we cut tag/cut 5.5.14, do I need to do anything other than the
normal release procedures, or will you do the additional steps
(tagging the connectors, uploading binaries to HEAnet, updating
tomcat.nsi and build.xml)?

This is probably a dumb question, but I'll ask anyways.  Why isn't
this as simple as a user who downloaded 5.5.13 already going to
download the updated connectors/APR and plugging that in?  Why does it
have to be integrated into the release of Tomcat itself, especially
since it's an optional dependency?

Thanks in advance for explaining ;)

Yoav

On 12/5/05, Mladen Turk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know, it's been only couple of days, but the 5.5.13 build is broken
> because we did not tag the tomcat-native (APR) to 1.1.1 version, that
> is required because of extra API.
>
> Perhaps we can retag the 5.5.13 because the needed changes are in
> nsi installer script and tomcat-native.tar.gz source package.
>
> So, I will tag the connectors with TOMCAT_NATIVE_1_1_1 and upload
> the sources and binaries to our European site (heanet).
> Also, since the build/tomcat.nsi will need a different url
> it will need to be retaged too.
>
> Any other ideas/proposals?
>
> Regards,
> Mladen.