In IIS 6, you also have to run in IIS 5 compatibility isolation mode.

I have no love for IIS myself but we also have customers that have some inexplicable emotional attachment to it. Is it just NTLM? In which case someone should shove mod_auth_sspi into Apache and be done. If not, what's the fascination with IIS? In our case our application is purely Java, so in direct conjunction with it ASP, .Net, etc, are of no benefit whatsoever.

It would be helpful if either: (1) all remaining rational reasons for using IIS (e.g. NTLM) were answered by Apache or (2) the IIS/Tomcat connector was not the ugly step child that no one wanted.

--
Jess Holle

Preston L. Bannister wrote:

So - in other words there are no toes to step on :).

Unfortunately recommending Apache2 over IIS is pretty much a non-starter in
my world, so a working IIS connector is needed (at least to bring
server-side Java into this world).