On 3/30/06, Remy Maucherat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Costin Manolache wrote:
> > You could easily remove them from your tree.
> > Do you have any valid reason to no longer have the files ? I remember
> > for 4.x people felt they were usefull. I'm not sure 'I can't ignore
> > them easily' or 'I don't need them' is a real -1 reason. ( and by
> > 'I'll remove them from the tree' I assume you meant either your own
> > tree or a -1 ).
> >
> > I don't care that much about them - I have to ignore them as well if I
> > make any change, like adding the sandbox. So if anybody else feels
> > they should be removed, I'll do so.
>
> I am not happy:
> - it's an ad for a specific IDE (that I happen to use, but do not
> particularly like unless someone explains to me why a workspace with TC
> 5.5, jbossweb (more or less similar to TC 6), and TC 6 causes Eclipse to
> take 3 minutes to display the main window, and then think it must
> recompile everything and takes 8 more minutes doing that - thankfully,
> the coding capabilities are still unparalleled in the free IDEs, so I
> didn't dump it yet)

I would be happy to commit the idea config as well ( I use it from time to
time, it's
a bit faster actually ). And I'm sure we can find someone to add netbeans
conf as well.

- I do not see much benefit, given the only meaningful dependency is on
> commons-logging

That's a good point - it's probably less usefull than in tc5. But still,
doesn't hurt.

- you did not commit files with proper line endings, so I get annoying
> Unix line endings on Windows, please be more careful about that

I was going to ask - when did our policy changed to use windows line endings
???
I was a bit annoyed to see windows ending as well, it looks bad on unix and
mac.

- your configuration leads to polluting the classes folder with
> Eclipse's class output (I will allow your file to remain if your accept
> that I change this)

Of course you can change this, it's an excelent idea. Not sure about the
windows
line endings, I'm tempted to say -1, but since it's only used by eclipse,
I'll live with it :-)

Could we at least use unix lines in build.xml ?

Costin