Well, if we use the Geronimo jars, then it would be possible to ship them
with the binary distro, since they are ASF licensed :).

> I define the problem as "this should be an optional component, not
> really required by
> the spec or used by majority of users". The people who use it are
> likely to be in a J2EE
> environment where they have javamail, and could easily have the
> additional tomcat module.

I mostly favor keeping the JavaMail support, since removing it (or even
making it a separate download) is likely to generate a flood of BZ reports
from people that can't be bothered to read the docs :).  It has been there
since TC 4.0.0, so a lot of people are going to expect to just drop their
old war into TC 6 and have it work.

> Costin
>

> > For example, I can either add my dummy classes, or a svn
> link could be
> > created to
> >
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk/geronimo
> -spec-javamail/src/main/java/javax/mail
> > (and activation too)
> >
> > Rémy

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of
this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through
the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information,
such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification
numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.