On 5/19/06, Remy Maucherat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Costin Manolache wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers.
>
> I don't know if this is the best forum to discuss this, but it's
important
> to be aware of existing solutions and try to stay close.
>
> I'm curious if someone could implement a common API ( with
> servlet-container
>
> specific implementations ) that would work in some of the containers.
>
> To comment a bit on the WebLogic API - looks reasonably simple, not sure
if
> it is supposed to handle both async input and async output. Also an
example
> may
> help :-). Probably it would be good to keep the input and output
> separated -
> both
> would be simpler.

I don't see how it works, as calling doResponse seems to be a one time
event. No idea about input.

-> I don't like it.

I agree, it's not  very intuitive - but it's still good to understand it,
and maybe learn from
what we like and don't like it :-) It's hard to make something simple,
intuitive, easy
to implement, high performance, flexible - all at the same time.

Costin