On 7/19/06, Rainer Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
No, I think it's not:

1) This is not a regression, it was always implemented like that.

Really? I know it's been like this for a few releases now, but I
remember some very old versions of mod_jk (from a couple years ago?)
used to recover nearly instantly when Tomcat became available again.
So it may not be a new regression, but at one time it did seem to work
as I expected...

3) A worker that goes into error state is something
serious/heavy-weight. Timeouts leading to error state should not be
chosen to small, so that workers go into errors just because of regular
long running requests.

True, but the ping/pong feature avoids this problem quite nicely.

4) Recovering a worker is not something lightweight, because a stuck
tomcat might mean, that every recovery times out at full length.
Remember: we are doing recovery with real requests. I think it's not a
good idea to try recovering with real requests very often. That's the
reason for only trying to recover rarely.

But when all your workers are down, what is the harm in trying to
recover more quicky? If you have at least one good worker available,
then yes, I see no point in trying to rush recovery, but if none are
available...

-Dave