On 23/01/2016 19:02, Martin Grigorov wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Rémy Maucherat <r...@apache.org> wrote:

<snip/>

> What changes I should apply to be able to test HTTP2 ?
> I've changed the protocol:
> <Connector port="8443"
> protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Nio2Protocol"
>                maxThreads="150" SSLEnabled="true" >
>         <UpgradeProtocol className="org.apache.coyote.http2.Http2Protocol"
> />
>         <SSLHostConfig honorCipherOrder="false" >
>             <Certificate certificateKeyFile="/tmp/tc9.0.1/private-key.pem"
>                          certificateFile="/tmp/tc9.0.1/cert.pem"
>                          type="RSA" />
>         </SSLHostConfig>
>     </Connector>
>
> and created ~/.keystore.
> Now I can start Tomcat and test my apps successfully with HTTP 1.1.
> The "Server" response header is "Apache-Coyote/1.1". And my plugin for
> Google Chrome says that SPDY/HTTP2 is not enabled.

I don't think I ever thought about HTTP/2 with NIO[2] + OpenSSL. I
suspect some flag isn't set internally.

>> Besides that, the JSSE code went into a refactoring, and the APR connector
>> didn't get it. The enabled protocols are now parsed in the superclass of
>> the SSLUtil and the set on the host config, that doesn't happen with APR. I
>> don't really understand why the APR connector didn't continue using
>> sslHostConfig.getProtocols.

To be perfectly honest I wasn't looking too hard at APR/native when I
did that refactoring. I'll look at it tomorrow (if I don't find time today).

Not being able to use HTTP/2 is enough to make me want to do an 9.0.0.M3
asap but I'm not going to stop the M2 vote at this point.