>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.0.31 release is now available for voting.
>>
>> The main changes since 8.0.30 are:
>>
>> - Restore the default for mapperContextRootRedirectEnabled to true
>>
>> - Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.4
>>   to pick up the Windows binaries that are based on OpenSSL 1.0.2e
>>
>> - Expand session attribute filtering on load/unload to all managers
>>
>> It can be obtained from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.0.31/
>> The Maven staging repo is:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1060/
>> The svn tag is:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc8.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_8_0_31/
>>
>> The proposed 8.0.31 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.0.31
>>

> -0: see r1726576
>
> I think Cluster manager cannot start if sessionAttributeNameFilter and
> sessionAttributeValueClassNameFilter are not set.
> Since the cluster components may not be a showstopper, I voted -0.

Before r1726576.
if sessionAttributeNameFilter/sessionAttributeValueClassNameFilter set to
"",
the sessionAttributeXXXXXPattern = Pattern.compile("") is invoked.

The sessionAttributeXXXXXPattern should be null.
The code of  Pattern.compile("") is illegal.

Therefore, there is a problem in a non-clustered environment.