On 04/02/2016 22:33, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Am 02.02.2016 um 01:20 schrieb Mark Thomas:
>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M3 release is now available for voting.
>>
>> This is a milestone release for the 9.0.x branch. It should be
>> noted that, as a milestone release:
>> - Servlet 4.0 is not finalised
>> - The EGs have not started work on JSP 2.4, EL 3.1 or WebSocket 1.2/2.0
>>
>> The major changes compared to the 9.0.0.M1 branch are:
>> - Ability to use OpenSSL with JSSE configuration
>> - Update to Tomcat-native 1.2.4 to pick up Windows binaries based on
>>    OpenSSL 1.0.2e
>> - Allow HTTP redirects to be relative
>> - Lots of bug fixes
>>
>> For full details, see the changelog:
>> http://svn.us.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>>

>> It can be obtained from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.0.M3/
>> The Maven staging repo is:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1062/
>> The svn tag is:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_0_M3/
>>
>> The proposed 9.0.0.M3 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [X] Alpha - go ahead and release as 9.0.0.M3
>
> +1 to release as alpha.

Thanks for the review.

> One interesting new observation is removed attributes "servlets" and
> "deploymentDescriptor" from Webapp MBeans. Not sure this was
> intentional.

It was. Part of the removal of JSR77 support.

> Unit test observations:
>
> - in the message
> "org.apache.catalina.core.TestStandardContextResources.testResources
> testResources(): orderedLibs:" the value after the message has changed
> from "[classes, resources.jar, resources2.jar]" in M1 to
> "[resources.jar, classes, resources2.jar]" in M2 and M3

Hmm. classes shouldn't be there at all. It looks like the classpath scan
is picking that up when it shouldn't be. I'll get that fixed.

> - in org.apache.catalina.valves.TestStuckThreadDetectionValve in test
> testDetection, after the correct message from notifyStuckThreadDetected
> and the following org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.pause, I get a
> notifyStuckThreadCompleted message, which normally oesn't show up.
> Probably just a timing issue, that the Valve ran between the pause and
> the complete shutdown.

Sounds plausible. I won't worry about this for now.

> - new WARNINGs since M2:
>
>  2 x
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$NioSocketWrapper.doClientAuth
> http11processor.socket.sslreneg

Fixed the broken i18n message.

> 25 x org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SSLUtilBase.getEnabled Some of the
> specified [protocols] are not supported by the SSL engine and have been
> skipped: [[SSLv2Hello]]

On one side we have excluded SSLv2Hello from the protocols a user can
select. On the other, we included it in the defaults. We need to be
consistent here. I'm going to implement:
- allow SSLv2Hello to be selected
- enable SSLv2Hello by default

>  3 x org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.scan Failed to scan
> [http://felix.extensions:9/] from classloader hierarchy, plus Caused by:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI scheme is not "file"

Expected.

>  3 x org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.validateSecurityRoles
> Security role name foo used in an <auth-constraint> without being
> defined in a <security-role>

I'm guessing some new tests with security constraints.

> - Since M2 testConnectToServerEndpoint no longer logs
> "org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsSession.doClose Failed to flush batched
> messages on session close"

Good.

> - message org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.Registry.unregisterComponent
> Error unregistering mbean appears in varying numbers.

Should be fixed or at least reduced now.

> - Test testHeaderLimits3 since M3 logs a stack in addition to the

OK.

> - lots of new "Broken pipe"
>   - most of them in org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.TestClose, but
> that one fails, see below
>   - other known occurrences are now often logged twice:

Those look OK. One for the read listener and one for the write listener.

> - in org.apache.coyote.http2.TestHttp2Section_3_2 for NIO in test
> testConnectionNoPreface:

Haven't been able to repeat this one.
> - the only unit test failures is
> org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.TestClose for NIO:

<snip/>

> Probably fixed by r1728137.

Confirmed.