Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
Rainer Jung wrote:
Mladen Turk schrieb:
The patch the Jim provided, gives us the functionality of turning off
the keep alive from the "clients" (httpd in this case) perspective.
I do not agree, although its a hack and easy fix for
the problem itself.

I like ideals and ideas too, however, I believe Jim presented a very simple patch, that solves a very *real* problem in a very simple manner, very simple -> very real -> very simple, I like the simple part of this patch.

Sure, I have no problem with that, since it's a configurable
and optional directive, so +0 for the patch.

Anyhow, I still think its a hack, that does not address the
problem in the real fashion. I have some ideas, and I'll
concentrate on the way how to improve the Tomcat side to
detect the hanged connections instead of downgrading the
AJP protocol and loosing performance.

Regards,
Mladen.