Am 07.03.2016 um 08:27 schrieb Mark Thomas:
On 06/03/2016 18:46, rj...@apache.org wrote:
Author: rjung
Date: Sun Mar  6 18:46:46 2016
New Revision: 1733827

Log:
Update OpenSSL patch for OpenSSL 1.0.2g.

Why was this necessary? I built 1.2.5 with 1.0.2g on Windows without
this patch.

The srclib/BUILDING file contains:

"Apply openssl-msvcrt.patch

This patch makes sure that static version of OpenSSL libraries
is linked to msvcrt.dll instead statically linking msvcrt.
Without that patch it won't be possible to create statically linked
Tomcat native .dll"

And I followed this procedure.

The patch seems to cover two areas:

- making sure to link in the MSVC runtime library dynamically
  (see https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/2kzt1wy3.aspx)
I didn't check, whether the above reasoning for a need of this is correct.

- allowing to add further dependency libs via "EXTRA_LIBS"

I will retry with the patch to check the differences. IMHO I didn't use any EXTRA_LIBS.

Or was your question, why the update for the patch was needed? I got a reject file for the original patch.

Regards,

Rainer