Thanks Mark, I'll update the bug.

Rgds,Rory

On 03/06/2016 12:32, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 01/06/2016 15:45, Rory O'Donnell wrote:
Hi Mark,

JDK-8158237 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8158237> : JVMTI
hides critical debug information for memory leak tracing

Is closed as a duplicate of JDK-8033735
<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8033735> : make
Throwable.backtrace visible to Class.getDeclaredField again.

And this bug was fixed in JDK9 build 116.

Can you confirm ?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this bug is NOT fixed. I've just
tested this with b120 and b121 and in both cases the memory leak is
traceable if I use an HPROF format heap dump but not if I use the
YourKit format heap dump obtained via JVMTI.

Kind regards,

Mark

Rgds,Rory