> On 8 Aug 2016, at 08:51, Rory O'Donnell <rory.odonn...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> There are two fixes to bugs reported by you in b130, can you confirm fixes  ?
>
> Early Access b130 <https://jdk9.java.net/download/> for JDK 9 is available on
> java.net, summary of  changes are listed here
> <http://download.java.net/java/jdk9/changes/jdk-9+130.html>.
>
> 8156824 core-libs com.sun.jndi.ldap.pool.PoolCleaner should clear its context
> class loader
> 8157570 core-libs sun.rmi.transport.GC retains a strong reference to the
> context class loader

With the two changes above, then several cleanups in
JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener::lifecycleEvent can be done in a JDK 9
specific Tomcat source trunk. Otherwise, if the code needs to run on older
releases, it can be be made version specific, where it is not executed on
JDK 9 or greater.

There is another of these unnecessary retention of the context class loader
issues, 8156841 [1], that I hope to address in a near future build of JDK 9.

-Chris.