[X] I'm for that proposal
[ ] I'm against that proposal
[ ] I don't care

Filip

Mladen Turk wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to propose a simple vote on the thing I consider
as very important. It's probably the first vote ever done for
the commited code, but the reasons are known for the folks reading
tomcat dev list.

The things we have right now for dealing with Keep-Alive is
dependent only on the soTimeout.

I propose that we split that to the real soTimeout which is the
timeout between two consecutive read() on http request and the
additional keepAliveTimeout that will be used for determining the
timeout between two requests.

Few reason why we should need those timeouts separately
configured is:

1. Why not, if its possible without breaking current config ?
2. If the timeout between two request is lower then soTimeout it
   will allow to have much higher number of slow clients
3. If the timeout between two requests is higher then soTimeout
   it will allow to deal with slow clients sending one byte at the
   the time with the unacceptable rate.

So, I'll just throw a vote here:

[ ] I'm for that proposal
[ ] I'm against that proposal
[ ] I don't care

Of course, there is always an option to have an veto.

As many of you already know, the code itself was already
in the SVN, but it was reverted.

Regards,
Mladen.