On 31/07/17 17:16, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 30/07/17 19:04, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> It looks like there is another regression in the Default Servlet.
>>
>> While I think I have a patch for this, I'm currently leaning towards
>> doing the following:
>>
>> - Announcing the 8.5.19 and 9.0.0.M25 releases with a warning about the
>>   regression.

Change of plan on this one. I'm not going to announce at all. I'll just
drop them from the mirrors.

>> - Reverting the encoding changes in 8.5.x and earlier.
>
> This has been done.
>
>> - Fixing the latest regression for 9.0.0.M26.
>
> This has been done. But...
>
> Thinking about this overnight, I thought of some other possible edge
> cases. The result is that I have put together a greatly expanded set of
> tests - currently 680 - using parametrization. Of these, currently 196
> (no that isn't a typo) fail. I'm currently working my way through them
> since some failures are expected (and I need to mark them as such so the
> tests pass) but I have found some additional edge cases that need to be
> handled.

2720 unit tests later (parameterized unit tests are great for really
increasing the number of tests) 9.0.x looks good.

>> - Tagging and releasing 8.5.20 and 9.0.0.M26 early in August (i.e. early
>>   this coming week).

I'm planning to do this shortly. 9.0.x has passed all my pre-tagging
tests so I'll be tagging trunk  very soon.

>> - Take a longer look at the Default servlet code for M27 that will
>>   include some refactoring and API changes I've been considering while
>>   working on the encoding issue.

Still on the TODO list for M27