Hi Martin,

Am 05.07.2018 um 17:40 schrieb Martin Knoblauch:
Hi Rainer,

  chiming in late... SSL support on the connector between loadbalancer and
Tomcat is something that is requested from time to time. Usually from
over-conscious security types.

We are using mod_jk today, because of:

1) we always used it. It works
2) it supports stickiness
3) the "jkmanager" interface
4) recently we started using JK_STICKY_IGNORE together with "mod_rewrite"
to remove some balancing artifacts caused by clients remembering the
session cookie

When being forced to move to another connector (e.g.
mod_proxy_http+mod_proxy_balancer), I would be most upset if there were no
alternative to "jkmanager". We use it a lot to manage the restart of worker
Tomcats.

But then, given the proposed schedule, I will likely be retired before our
software is moving to Tomcat-9 :-)

thanks for your feedback and past contributions to mod_jk.

Maybe you find some time to look at mod_proxy_http, mod_proxy_balancer and its balancer manager GUI. Some tings are better there, some things not as good. It would be interesting to get feedback over time, what is missing most in the mod_proxy world. We might be able to help getting things improved there.

Thanks and regards,

Rainer