All,

Gump currently tests 7.0.x, 8.5.x and 9.0.x

Support for OpenSSL cipher names is available in 8.5.x onwards and we
have various unit tests to ensure that our parsing code remains in sync
with OpenSSL.
All versions have TLS unit tests that check the APR/Native connector is
working as expected.

OpenSSL currently has the following four active development branches:
Master (a.k.a. 1.1.2-dev)
1.1.1  (LTS supported until at least 2018-09-11
1.1.0  (supported until 2019-09-11)
1.0.2  (LTS supported until 2019-12-31)

Gump currently builds OpenSSL master and 1.0.2

Tomcat Native has two branches 1.2.x and 1.1.x.
1.1.x will reach EOL at the end of this month.

Gump currently builds
Native 1.1.x with OpenSSL 1.0.2
Native 1.2.x with OpenSSL 1.0.2
Native 1.2.x with OpenSSL master

Gump then tests
9.0.x with Native 1.2.x/OpenSSL master
8.5.x with Native 1.2.x/OpenSSL 1.0.2
7.0.x with Native 1.2.x/OpenSSL 1.0.2

We currently are only testing 3 out of a possible 24 combinations. If we
ignore Native 1.1.x then that becomes 3 out of a possible 12 combinations.

Do we want to change / increase / decrease the combinations we test?

As a starting point for discussion how about:
- Build all current OpenSSL versions (currently 4)
- Build Tomcat Native 1.2.x for each OpenSSL version (i.e. 4)
- No Tomcat Native 1.1.x builds
- Test 9.0.x with all Native/OpenSSL combinations (i.e. 4)
- Test 8.5.x with Native/OpenSSL 1.1.1 (latest LTS)
- Test 7.0.x with Native/OpenSSL 1.0.2 (other LTS)

Testing all 12 combinations (4 OpenSSL * 3 Tomcat) seems like overkill.

Thoughts?