On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 1:22 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 22/11/2018 15:45, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After a bit of experimenting, the docker image works well, and is nicer
> > (IMO) to configure and customize with the embedded updates from 9.0.14. I
> > have verified that Kubernetes based discovery works without being too
> > difficult to configure. Custom code and components can be plugged in
> easily
> > as anything in src/main/java will get compiled and packaged in the jar.
> >
> > https://github.com/rmaucher/tomcat-maven
> >
> > Now, distributing this sort of package is "easy" but is usually done
> with a
> > standalone git repo like this one. Where could I put this packaging
> instead
> > since we probably cannot do that in Tomcat-land ?
>
> This is a docker image, right?

A bit. There are standard Tomcat images already
https://hub.docker.com/_/tomcat/ but they are more complex.
So this one is a Maven pom to get an embedded "standalone" Tomcat with the
specified Tomcat components, it can be used for that (people like Maven).
Then there is a simple dockerfile to build a custom image with it. I'll
refine it, but I used it to redo the kubernetes testing.

> It should be possible to have an ASF git repo for this. Am I missing
> some blocking issue?
>
> How about Docker Hub for the output?

Rémy