> On 4/25/19 14:03, Igal Sapir wrote:

<snip/>

>> In some projects it's easy to maintain a single repository and
>> switch between branches, but I find the differences between 7.0.x
>> and master to be so major that I chose to follow Mark's method and
>> keep separate local copies where the IDE settings do not get
>> mangled up each time I switch branches.
>
> Sounds good. What is Mark's Method™? Is it documented anywhere?

Overly complicated ;) - and not yet.

I'm currently using one checkout per major version because Eclipse can't
handle Git worktrees. I think I'd prefer a single checkout with
worktrees but until I can try it I don't know. I did try switching to
IntelliJ as it can handle Git worktrees but the pain of switching IDEs
was greater than the minor annoyance of multiple checkouts so I quickyl
returned to Eclipse.

I do have a GitHub fork that I intend to use for large patches that need
review. I don't use it much.

I'm still getting used to my local setup and tweaking the configuration
here and there so it does what I want by default when I pull / push etc.

I'd suggest sharing Git experiences is a topic of conversation at the
Hackathon.