Mark,

On 7/9/2019 1:45 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 09/07/2019 05:29, Igal Sapir wrote:
Can we move the Tomcat site to Git?
Yes. ASF infra supports both svnpubsub and gitpubsub for websites. There
will need to be a little co-ordination with infra as we'd need to switch
where the source for the site is pulled from.

On the plus side, Tomcat site svn repo is not mirrored to git so we
don't need to worry about any of that.

I'll look into to the migration process and figure out exactly what is
involved.

ACK

Possibly to a repo named "tomcat-site"?
That makes sense.

In terms of when, I'd suggest after the 9.0.x and 8.5.x releases have
completed. There is usually a quietish period of ~3 weeks between
releases when the website doesn't update that much. I think it makes
sense to migrate then.

All of this is assuming there are no objections to moving. If there are
any objections please speak up now so we can discuss any concerns and
figure out a way forward everyone is happy with.

I'd be happy to make the required changes per prior emails so that we
can publish the new design in time for ACNA.
Migration to Git and a new design are two separate issues. I'd be happy
to see both proceed but I suggest we discuss them separately. I suggest
you start a new thread for the discussion about moving to a new design -
perhaps with a link to a demo of the latest proposal so we can remind
ourselves of what it looks like.

True, but it is much easier for me to use Git so personally for me the two issues are not completely unrelated.

The last discussion on the subject was at https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@tomcat.apache.org/msg132281.html

Best,

Igal