If noone finds a reason for it, I can go into it during the weekend. I
would try to reproduce and research on Solaris. Concerning your data for
Solaris: Apache and Tomcat were both on Solaris? The same machine or
different? Network between Client (Browser?) and Apache was 100MBit or
1GBit?

Regards,

Rainer