Mark,

On 10/7/19 11:10, Mark Thomas wrote:
All,

I recently gave a presentation on locking-down Apache Tomcat[1]
and I briefly discussed the "sharp edges" present in Tomcat. Some
of them are unnecessarily sharp and may be actually unnecessary.
I'm going to make a few proposals to remove functions from
Tomcat.

Proposal: Remove CGI Servlet
-1. Not a veto, just a -1.
Fair enough. I didn't think I'd get 100% agreement. If anyone feels
like this is is something worth keeping around, I'm happy to let the
proposal drop.

Is it possible to extract these removals (including the other proposals in this question) to an external repo in case someone wants to add them manually to his/her own deployment?

That way if anyone depends on any of the removed items they can still add them.

Igal