Am 2019-10-09 um 21:35 schrieb Christopher Schultz:

Michael,

On 10/9/19 11:36, Michael Osipov wrote:
Am 2019-10-07 um 16:54 schrieb Christopher Schultz:
Or, since svn is HTTP, you can just use plain-old HTTP. Besides,
mod_dav_svn doesn't work with Tomcat.

Again, plain HTTP != WebDAV.

Read-only WebDAV can practically be replaced by standard HTTP GET

No, it can't. you can't list collections with multistatus w/o
WebDAV.

Meh.

and read-write WebDAV has a host of security problems. There are
better solutions to supporting WebDAV than using the Tomcat
module.

Which are? Milton.io?

How about mod_dav and friends?

I was thinking about Java-based solution in Tomcat, at best with Spring to fully reuse my authnz code. I don't run HTTPd if it is not strictly necessary. Tomcat just performs perfectly well for dynamic, static and transport-encrypted content.

The only drawback I see with the current servlet is that I cannot
have arbitrary paths of my context served by this servlet. It
serves either the entire app or nothing. That's why I have resorted
to mod_dav.

Okay, so someone who really wants to make DAV work has decided that
Tomcat's implementation won't cut it. I fee that as further evidence
that Tomcat's implementation can just die.

As you might know, people will only complain when something is gone/broken and not when it is working well.

A recent search of the users mailing list shows only 10 threads
regarding WebDAV in the past 6 years.

Maybe people are just happy with the servlet?

People are super happy with the TLS implementation and ask about it
all the time.

Because encryption is complex...