Hi all,

I have pushed an initial set of patches for Jakarta EE 9 here:
https://github.com/markt-asf/tomcat/tree/jakarta

The current status is:
- All the packages changing in Jakarta EE 9 have been renamed
- Any associated constants, service loader files etc. have also been
  renamed
- It builds
- The unit tests pass (excluding those that depend on JSTL - more on
  that below)
- A basic smoke test passes

Please try and build it, take it for a spin and report back on this
thread if you find any issues.

Right, JSTL. I don't particularly want us to have to produce a Jakarta
EE version of JSTL. So, I plan to use this as the first test case for my
"Java EE to Jakarta EE converter". I've only just started work on this
so I don't have any real progress to report. I hope to make progress on
this next week.