On 03/03/2020 23:13, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Am 20.02.2020 um 17:55 schrieb Mark Thomas:
>> Tag:
>> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=commit;h=90b294ce8260ab2585dcb4071ede5d53e51fa354
>>

>> Source:
>> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=summary
>>
>> Dist:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/
>>

>> This is a maintenance release with a handful of bug fixes (compared to
>> 1.2.46) and some clean-up. It also includes Windows binaries for IIS.
>>

>> The proposed JK 1.2.48 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.48
>
> I have minor remarks mostly related to release artefacts:

Thanks for the review.

> - the src archive files in previous versions contained files CHANGES and
> NEWS in the native directory. They are generated by our release skript,
> which searches for any of w3m, elinks, links or lynx. Maybe none of
> those existed on the original build system for those artefacts. The
> files do get generated when I run the release skript for 1.2.48 locally.

Odd. links is available. Ah. I needed to run the release script with -h.
I've added a note for that.

> - the symbol archive files in earlier versions contained a file README.
> I think it originates from native/iis/README.

Having read it, I'm leaning towards not including that file. I think it
may be a little mis-leading alongside the symbols.

> - at least in some "printer" html docs links have changed by one level.
> E.g. docs/common_howto/printer/loadbalancers.html in 1.2.46 contains a
> link to ../../reference/workers.html in 1.2.46 and
> ../reference/workers.html in 1.2.48. There are two workers reference
> pages, docs/reference/printer/workers.html and
> docs/reference/workers.html. So the 1.2.46 link should work but jump
> from the "printer" docs to the normal page. The 1.2.48 should no longer
> work at all.

Ah. The switch to the newer stylesheet should have removed the "printer"
docs entirely. I'll get that cleaned up.