Rémy,

On 7/8/20 10:35, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 4:26 PM Christopher Schultz
> <ch...@christopherschultz.net
> <mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net>> wrote:
>
>>> Clearly, no, with multiple elements, the digester rules added
>>> to ContextRuleSet would be something like (in addition to the
>>> unchanged ones for CookieProcessor):
>>
>> digester.addObjectCreate(prefix + "Context/CookieProcessor",
>>
>>> "org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Rfc6265CookieProcessor",
>> "className"); digester.addSetProperties(prefix +
>> "Context/CookieProcessor"); digester.addSetNext(prefix +
>> "Context/CookieProcessor", "setCookieProcessor",
>> "org.apache.tomcat.util.http.CookieProcessor");
>>
>> digester.addObjectCreate(prefix +
>>> "Context/CookieProcessor/SameSiteCookie",
>>
>>> "org.apache.tomcat.util.http.SameSiteCookie",
>> "className"); digester.addSetProperties(prefix +
>>> "Context/CookieProcessor/SameSiteCookie");
>> digester.addSetNext(prefix +
>>> "Context/CookieProcessor/SameSiteCookie",
>> "addSameSiteCookie",
>> "org.apache.tomcat.util.http.SameSiteCookie");
>>
>>> If the bean class is
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.http.SameSiteCookie.
>
> So you are okay with:
>
> digester.addSetProperties(prefix +
> "Context/CookieProcessor/SameSiteCookie");
>

> But not with:
>
> digester.addCallMethod(prefix +
> "Context/CookieProcessor/SameSiteCookie/Cookie");
>
> ?
>

> The digester works best with beans so I don't see what is so
> surprising about this.

What's surprising is that you are -1 to what I see as an improvement
to Tomcat without much in the way of disruption. I think it's pretty
clean.

Would proposing an actual patch help, or will you still be -1 on
anything other than a complicated "sameSiteCookies" string value which
needs to be unpacked by Tomcat code rather than using standard XML
element/attribute syntax?

- -chris