Only depending on the number of workers (including load balancing sub workers). The unit is Kilobytes and the default is calculated for 64 workers, although, it might be slightly less at the moment. If you assume 1KB per worker, you should be on the safe side.

Regards,

Rainer

Eric Wertman wrote:

Mladen Turk wrote:
Eric Wertman wrote:
Connector:

<IfModule jk_module>
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
JkShmFile     logs/mod_jk.shm
JkShmSize     8192

This is 8MB of shared memory.
Are you sure you have 10000 workers?

It wasn't obvious to me what a reasonable value of this was.. I tried everything from the default to commenting it out. At one point I set it to 1048576. It didn't seem to make much difference in any case.. what's the reccomendation for that setting? Is it purely based on number of workers, or does the size and type of data also count?