So have you guys decided what you are going to do? Is there a dev ticket
open (that is public) that I can see and follow the progress on?

I'd like to get off this mailing list, as it generates lots of email that I
don't care about, but before I leave it, I'd like to understand the plan,
and how to track progress.

Thanks, Dave