Mark Thomas wrote:
Remy Maucherat wrote:
I am ok with changing the release process if something simpler is
possible. I am interested in speeding up the process by cutting back on
the number of votes.

The process would be:
1. create tarball and unofficial binaries, put them on
people.apache.org/~remm/tomcat-6
2. wait 4-5 days
3. call for alpha/beta/stable vote on build
4. 3 +1's later publish previously created tarball and binaries to
www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-6
5. announce release after sync of the website

Following up on Yoav's point, allowing 72 hours at step 4 would
lengthen the overall time but the time at step 2 could be reduced to
compensate and keep the end to end time the same.

Ok, I think I can propose a vote for this new release process.

Rémy