On 01/12/2020 12:05, Graham Leggett wrote:
Hi all,

I object to the deprecation of the tomcat-native/APR connector.

Understand, but APR is the major problem. Tomcat Native uses
a small subset of APR (networking), and since APR will
eventually merge with apr-util (already merged in apr/trunk)
this is going to be a problem.

There are already exiting forks of tomcat-native without
using APR (with rewritten networking part), and this
solves 99% crashes, since there are no apr_pools API involved
which are incompatible with Java's Garbage Collection model.

So .. we can either refactor tomcat-native by dropping APR
and create our own network stack while preserving the API
or deprecate the entire thing.

Regards
--
^TM