On 04/05/2021 08:43, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 9:36 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

On 04/05/2021 08:29, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 9:26 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi all,

It is the start of a new month so time to tag and release. I have a few
things I'd like to get fixed first:

1. BZ 65272 (allow CR as HTTP line separator).
      I'm planning on applying PR 417 to address this before I tag unless
      there are objections.

2. BZ 65262 (WebSocket & InstanceManager)
      I have a patch for this about 80% complete. I intend to complete
and
      apply it before tagging.

Given these (and no more issues raised this week) I'm currently
expecting the tags to be towards the end of the week.

Can we release a stable Jakarta migration tool before that release ?
There
are a couple changes that could be picked up and since it's a
subcomponent
it would need to be declared stable anyway.

Sure. 0.3.0 or 1.0.0 ?

I think it should move to stable 1.0, unless there's some mandatory feature
that got forgotten.

I can't think of anything. Folks are starting to use it (and Tomcat 10) and the biggest problem seems to be that users aren't aware of the Java EE -> Jakarta EE changes.

Is there merit in attempting to detect an application trying to load a Java EE 9 class (maybe limit it to Servlet, JSP, EL & WebSocket) and fail the deployment (assuming we catch the problem early enough) with a clear error message? Maybe pointing to a (maybe expanded) section in the migration guide?