Kent Tong wrote:
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists <at> hanik.com> writes:

see that the solution I gave you, doesn't need to reload the app, it simply reloads the individual class file. for large apps, you don't have to wait for the entire app to reload
that would qualify as automatic too, wouldnt it?

Thanks. I've taken a look at it. Here are some issues with it:
1) It still uses a timer. So it will still keep reloading when I
am editing my files.
2) I have to specified which servlet classes to monitor. It seems
there is no way to monitor all classes (including domain classes).
3) Reloading only a particular class will probably break the
webapp (eg, when instances of classes hold references to its instances).
sounds like you want the cake and eat it too, follow Yoav's suggestion, and write a macro so that everytime you update a class you touch a watched resource after the update has been complete

Filip