On 15/06/2021 16:17, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 6/15/21 08:20, Mark Thomas wrote:

<snip/>

Meanwhile, I'll look at running the Servlet TCK for 8.5.68.

Thanks very much.

I'll hold the release until you are able to run it or report that it will be very complicated/time-consuming for you to run it this time.

First run: 1517 passed, 93 failed

The majority look like configuration issues. I can't recall off-hand if there are problematic tests or not.

I think we have an early version of the 3.1 TCK rather than a final version. The date on the file (26 Feb 2013) suggests that as the spec wasn't finalised until 28 May 2013.

Looking at the failures they seem to be either broken tests (e.g. missing classes, undocumented but required configuration settings) or faulty tests (testing for wrong version / state) etc. I've confirmed a few of these errors by checking against a newer version of the spec.

I don't think there is any benefit in running this broken version of the TCK.