Hi Mark,

It is possible to use jdk.javadoc/jdk.compiler as libs and plug in through
the Context class forcing a JavaFileManager to force a DocFileFactory in
the HtmlConfiguration but it will be way more complex than
unzipping/rezipping the jar.
Another option can be a light javaagent patching the few classes you want.
Also wonder if you tried -notimestamp option.

Romain Manni-Bucau