The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.77 release is now available for voting.

The notable changes compared to 8.5.76 are:

- Fix a potential thread-safety issue that could cause HTTP/1.1 request
   processing to pause, and potentially timeout, waiting for additional
   data when the full request has been received.

- Fix a regression introduced with 65757 bugfix which better identified
   non request threads but which introduced a similar problem when user
   code was doing sequential operations in a single thread.

- When resolving methods in EL expressions that use beans and/or static
   fields, ensure that any custom type conversion is considered when
   identifying the method to call.

Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.

This is the second release of Tomcat 8.5 that has been built with Java 11 (in Java 7 mode) instead of Java 7. Please report any strangeness you may observe especially if you are running Tomcat 8.5 in an environment using Java < 11. We don't expect any issues, but understand that we cannot test all possible environmental configurations.

For full details, see the changelog:
https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-8.5.x/docs/changelog.html

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.77/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1363
The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/8.5.77
3931695e564dd4dd1dbf029026e900b74992408c

The proposed 8.5.77 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.76 (stable)

-chris