Mark Thomas wrote:
> Yoav Shapira wrote:
>> On 3/25/07, Mark Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Since tc6 is a single component, there is no need to provide such a
>>> directory.
>> I wonder if we should still have current/tc6 for consistency.
>
> -0. I can see the benefit of consistency but I don't like the idea
> because:
> - apart from offering consistency, it serves no useful purpose
> - if someone tags the external by mistake the tag will be useless

The day that current-current becomes a stable-current (e.g. 6.0 gels,
and the next effort will become 6.1, 6.5, 7.0) - actually from the
day its released, doesn't it make sense to start directing maintainers
to the constant (tc6.0) tag so that current-current can progress?

Otherwise, if you wait from the point that 6.1, 7.0 actually begins,
instead of the timeframe 6.0 goes into stabilization, the change seems
to become exponentially more disruptive when it comes to pass :)