Emmanuel,

On 1/15/23 04:41, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
Hi Christopher,

Le 12/01/2023 à 23:24, Christopher Schultz a écrit :

I spent some time today verifying that the release artifacts that Mark published the other day for 10.1.5 were indeed reproducible by me. Fortunately, they were, but it was a little bit of a process so I went ahead and documented it.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/Verifying+a+Release+Build

A couple of suggestions:
- I'd use shasum rather than diff to compare the artifacts

Fair enough. Neither command is available on Windows without installing anything separate, though. For the .sig files, simply viewing them (in pairs) is possible on Windows natively. I could put instructions for how to do that in the wiki.

- if the artifacts are not identical, the diffoscope tool [1] can help identify the differences

Good information to have, but not likely helpful for someone performing a verification. They would really only care that they were simply _not identical_, I think.

-chris