вт, 31 янв. 2023 г. в 20:52, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:

> Hi all,
>
> As I started to think about preparing for the February release round, I
> received the notification from the OpenSSL project that they have a
> security release planned for a week today. That security release may (or
> may not) trigger a Tomcat Native release.

1. A mail on OpenSSL announcements mail list says:
"on Tuesday 7th February 2023  between 1300-1700 UTC."
https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-announce/2023-January/000248.html

2. There were releases of APR 1.7.1, and of APR Utils a day ago.

CVE-2022-28331 fixed in APR 1.7.1 mentions "apr_socket_sendv()",
and that function is used in Tomcat Native 1.2.x
(and not used in Tomcat Native 2.0.x).

Current Tomcat Native binaries are built with APR 1.7.0.

Thus I think releases of both 1.2.x and 2.0.x branches will be needed.

> I was wondering whether to delay the February release round in case we
> need to pick up an new Tomcat Native release. It really only affects
> Windows users since everyone else builds their own Tomcat Native
> library. In the Windows case it is trivial to update the library if
> required so I'm not sure if it merits delaying the releases...
>
> Thoughts?

I am available to test and vote for Tomcat 8.5 and 9.0.
I have no plans for Tomcat 10.1 and 11 now.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko