Hi,

I also see the APR JMX memory leak with following APR Connector config

       <Connector port="30011"
                   URIEncoding="UTF-8"
                           useExecutor="false"
                           minSpareThreads="150"
                           maxSpareThreads="150"
                           maxThreads="150"
                               connectionTimeout="300000"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol"/>
                               pollerSize="1024" />

Regards
Peter Roßbach
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Am 13.04.2007 um 06:26 schrieb Filip Hanik - Dev Lists:

Remy Maucherat wrote:
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
much appreciated, I'm still working on the "deregistering" of the JMX resources, somehow they are slipping through the cracks

Originally, the purpose of the JMX stuff was to provide thread monitoring. Now that the processors are not tied to threads anymore, it becomes a bit useless IMO. Normally, Java 5+ provides JMX monitoring of threads already, but of course the Tomcat JMX does provide a little more data (that may or may not be worth keeping).
I've done the fix for the NIO connector. I believe I have been able to take care of all the problems. In the NIO protocol, I simply got rid of the thread local, and replaced it with a queue.
This queue is able to deregister objects, should it be needed.
Only time they are deregistered, is if they number exceed the processorCache=<int value for max number> in the NIO <Connector> element.

The memory leak exists in the APR and JIO connector, when and only when they use the shared <Executor> and the Executor has a minSpareThreads<maxThreads. Since these connectors do not use an executor by default, I'd like to get some feedback if these two need to get fixed for the upcoming release.

If we are to proceed with the release without fixing these, I would simply note it in the release notes, that to use an executor, use the workaround.

I'm open to suggestions...and once again...thanks for your patience (especially since it's me that want this new release)

Filip

Rémy