Remy Maucherat wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Author: fhanik
Date: Fri Apr 13 08:32:19 2007
New Revision: 528524

Log:
This write has to be synchronized since comet can write to the buffer and cause a buffer overflow if more than one thread is writing

That's reverting 467065. I still don't see how concurrent writing in the servlet is going to work (nothing is synced, and everything is buffered to some extent).

Lets say you have two threads writing to the response (async write from comet)
both of them could end up on the line:
socket.getBufHandler().getWriteBuffer().put(buf, offset, length);

assuming nothing is synced in the path down to here, hence causing a buffer overflow,
Does that makes sense or am I smoking crack?

Filip