вт, 7 мар. 2023 г. в 02:01, Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm.invalid>:

> Hi all,
>
> A while back I added unix domain socket support to tomcat-native, and patched
> tomcat to use it until java16 is available.

Java 17 (LTS) is already available for a while.
Is it available for your platform?

> Unfortunately unix domain socket support was removed from tomcat-native 2.0+,
> and now tomcat-native 2.0+ is appearing in distros, meaning that unix domain
> socket support just broke.
>
> https://tomcat.apache.org/native-doc/miscellaneous/changelog.html
>
> "Remove all API methods (and supporting code) that are not used by Tomcat
> 10.1.x to support the use of OpenSSL as a replacement for JSSE to provide TLS
> functionality. (markt)”
>
> Is there a way to fix this, or has tomcat just broken everything for anyone
> in a RHEL environment?

Tomcat 9.0 and 8.5 are expected to run with Tomcat Native 1.2.x and
that version is still supported.
(They can run with Tomcat Native 2.0.x as long as APR connector is not used).

Tomcat Native 2.0 is the version used by Tomcat 10.1.x and beyond.
Tomcat 10.1.x does not have the APR connector. It has only NIO and
NIO2. The APR connector has been removed.

Is your Tomcat failing to start because it is explicitly configured to
use the APR connector (Http11AprProtocol, AjpAprProtocol)?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko