On 05/04/2023 13:01, Mark Thomas wrote:
Good news and bad news.

The good news is that the issues were with the test. The test has to use statics to pass data to Endpoint instances and they weren't being reset properly between tests. With that fixed there were 2 failures that are both fixed by the proposed patch.

The bad news is that the proposed patch fixes one possible cause of the deadlock but introduces another.

I'm working on an updated patch.

I have a fix but...

The proposed patch for BZ 66508 (both the original and the updated patch) depend on the change from synchronizing on socketWrapper to using a ReentrantLock. This change was made to 10.1.x onwards to support Loom experiments but was not back-ported to 9.0.x and earlier.

https://github.com/apache/tomcat/commit/0a9480158874ea910a4d629d24f31d69d6cc5f96

What do folks think about back-porting this change to 9.0.x and 8.5.x?