Well I add to remove the JkWorkersFile directive to make mod_jk start
and have some debug.

I suspect the problem is that in the first stage of init the user
profile on i5/OS is different than the real user profile in the second
stage.

This profile didn't have access to JkWorkersFile and so mod_jk fail to
load the WorkersFile and report as error in first stage.

Question :

- How could we determine that we're in the first stage ?

- Could 'relax' file access check for instance in the first stage to
avoid file access problem on i5/OS ?

Regards and thanks again

2007/4/17, William A. Rowe, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Rainer Jung wrote:
> That's what I expect too, but in the log file Henri posted at the
> beginning of this thread, both runs were done by the same process and
> thread id. So at least if pids have a meaning on iSeries, both runs are
> done by the same process. That's different from the *nix world, where
> there is a switch to a new parent in between (as long as I remember
> correct).

Nope, that's correct.  Both config passes happen on the single, main
process and thread.  THEN following the second pass, processes are
forked off, and the threads created in each process.  THAT is the
unix world of httpd.

On Windows, both passes happen in both the parent and child processes,
the parent is actually does not pass its config via fork() to the
children.