Hi,
> yes, very interesting, it could explain why there is core under i5/OS,
> this platform is very sensible when memory leak or buffer overflow
> happens...
I can add that I currently assume the leak in Apache-1.3/mod_jk.c since I dont
see the leak when I build the Apache2 module....

NetWare is also that sensible normally, just in this case it seems that only a
buffer is not free'd; its sufficient that I just load / unload to see this
leak; and such things are only reported with NetWare when I enable developer
option...; otherwise such is silently ignored.

Guenter.