Mark,

On 9/27/23 12:59, Mark Thomas wrote:
The key differences of version 2.0.6 compared to 2.0.5 are:

- Fix optionalNoCA support (always disable OCSP)
- The windows binaries in this release have been built with OpenSSL
   3.0.11 and APR 1.7.4

The 2.0.x branch is primarily intended for use with Tomcat 10.1.x onwards but can be used with earlier versions as long as the APR/native connector is not used.

The proposed release artifacts can be found at [1],
and the build was done using tag [2].

The Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.6 release is
  [ ] Stable, go ahead and release
  [ ] Broken because of ...

+1 for stable release.

Compile-tested only. Build cleanly with warnings on MacOS.

Notes:

1. The resulting binary is libtcnative-2.0.dylib and not
   libtcnative-2.0.6.dylib. Is that expected?

2. Build warnings are mostly deprecation warnings. Given that most of
   the deprecations occurred in OpenSSL 3.0 and libtcnative 2.x requires
   OpenSSL 3.0 or later, should we migrate this source to use the
   replacement functions instead? Or are we trying to keep the code as
   close to 1.x as possible?

3. Some warnings are "unused variable" and "unused function". If those
   are accurate -- all are "static" and thus file-scoped aka private --
   we should clean them up.

-chris