Mladen Turk wrote:
Rainer Jung wrote:

Still vetoing?

No, I just said that I don't like the way we
try to fix other peoples faults.
I'm sure it would leads us to no where pretty soon.

What I'm saying is that the problem you fixed
is not something all of our users are seeing.
It is *platform* dependent, and that's all.

I'm -1 on starting to fix what-ever-we-can-fix
just because some tool is broken on one platform,
and its usage clearly states that we use it correctly.

So, it's not an veto, cause it works on platforms
that are not affected with tools or build bugs,
but like said, we'll pretty soon end up to nowhere
if we try to maintain our build in such way.
Just imagine, what if libtool folks fix that?
Our patch will be obsolete, or we'll end up on
checking the features or bug fixes depending on the
libtool vesion used.

Agreed.

It is clear that we are using both libtool and
apxs according to the specs. If some platform
has a wrong or invalid version of the tool it's
not our problem, and IMHO we would make a big
mistake if we continue to fix that.

Not totally agreed: we didn't try to detect the compiler used to build httpd via apxs in the old version. We do now, at least if the user doesn't set one himself. I think that's more according to the way apxs should be used. We already did that for CFLAGS.

Most of the time this doesn't count, because it's gcc, gcc, gcc, ...

Regards,
Mladen.

Have a nice evening.

Rainer