Koteswararao,

On 3/14/24 14:21, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 14/03/2024 13:43, koteswara Rao Gundapaneni wrote:

On Thu, 14 Mar 2024, 00:28 koteswara Rao Gundapaneni, <koti.gundapan...@gmail.com <mailto:koti.gundapan...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        HI Tomcat PMC,

        Please ensure I had showing my interest as a committer as I have
        been passed my contribution status from a range of having said
        that few contributions

Simply saying I have been showing my interest to work as committer

Please approve my icla

There is nothing to approve. You submitted your ICLA. It has been filed by the ASF secretary.

I'll note that:
- no-one asked you to file an ICLA
- there was no need for you to file an ICLA
- the only thing filing an ICLA achieved was wasting the precious
   resource of volunteer time

I *strongly* urge you to read the advice (including the references to how the ASF works) you have been given on and off list, stop wasting precious volunteer time and think very carefully before you post anything else to a Tomcat mailing list.

Definitely read ASF How It Works, specifically the section on Meritocracy[1]. You cannot simply ask to become a committer on a project. Instead, you have to demonstrate to the existing project participants that you *deserve* to be /invited/ as a committer.

So far, the weird series of PRs and emails you have sent are not making you look good.

I'm not trying to be mean. I'm trying to be honest and use simple language.

-chris

[1] https://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works/#meritocracy