All,

I'd like to basically globally-search-and-replace ERR_error_string for ERR_error_string_n and use a #define constant for both the initialization of all

   char err[256];

and similar strings and use that same constant for all calls to ERR_error_string_n..

Any objections?

There should really be no effective change, except:

1. We can raise that error message length constant and have it affect the whole library if we choose.

2. We will be using a length-aware string-manipulation call which is better than using one that assumes that the buffer is at least 256 bytes long.

-chris