All,

I've spent some time today trying to build Tomcat Native with Visual Studio 2022 rather then the current, more involved process without success.

Therefore, my short-term plan for Tomcat Native is to get the next 2.0.x and 1.3.x releases completed using the existing build process. I'll be starting that shortly.

Longer term, thinking about Tomcat Native and FFM I have the following rough plan in mind:

- stop providing x86 binaries for Windows
- require Windows 10 onwards
- provide:
  - libssl.dll
  - libcrypto.dll
  - tomcat-native-2.dll
  - openssl.exe

along with appropriate debug symbols.

I'm not sure if we'd need an apr.dll in there as well.

The idea is that users can then use either the AprLifecycleListener or OpenSSLLifecycleListener.

This would probably require moving Tomcat Native to 2.1.x and 1.4.x

This really needs someone more familiar with building C libraries generally and these libraries in particular - i.e. Mladen - to say whether the above is possible and to provide some pointers on how to do it.