Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
Remy Maucherat wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Author: pero
Date: Thu Jun  7 02:33:59 2007
New Revision: 545127

Log:
Fix correct ApplicationDispatcher forward/include handling after an exception is thrown. This patch fix a memory leak as <code>STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE</code> system property is enabled and that cluster crossContext session replication working correct after an exception is thrown at a RequestDispatcher.forward/include call.
But I don't really like this double try/catch implementation ;-(

Yes, whatever you are trying to fix, this sort of last minute patch is not reasonable to me. -1.
Peter, I need a response/action from you, as I am supposed to tag and generate our candidate binaries today

I see this particular patch is meant to call endAccess when there's an exception invoking the request dispatcher, which could cause problem in cross context. Well, maybe, because I don't see why a single try/finally wouldn't do the same thing, and it does some funky stuff like move some method calls.

This sort of last minute patch is bad practice :( I did it in the past, and you usually have "good" reasons for it, but it should be explicitly forbidden in favor of proposing delaying the release (which may be accepted or not).

Rémy